Radicchio Caper Salad, Pan fried zucchini, and Fresh Balsamic Figs
This simple appetizer is great for sharing and is certainly a crowd pleaser. You can add or subtract ingredients based on how many you’re serving too! Delicious food doesn’t ALWAYS take long- so try this one out.
- 1 head of radicchio sliced in fourths
- Small container of crumbled feta
- sumac, salt, pepper, Durant Lavender Olive oil (opt out of lavender if you’re not a fan and add your favorite!)
Pan fried zucchini:
- 1 large zucchini
- Salt, pepper, olive oil
- fresh figs is the key here! Figs should be eaten and enjoyed the day of purchase
- 8 figs, sliced in halves and drizzled with your favorite balsamic vinegar
Lay out radicchio pieces and top with olive oil and salt, place capers on top, and in a separate bowl, combine feta, sumac, salt, and pepper, and PLAIN olive oil until combined. Cheese mixture will still be clumpy- this is ok! Top with feta cheese and drizzle with lavender oil to finish.
For the zucchini, heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Cut zucchini into thicker strips and season with salt and pepper. Place in your pan and cook until all sides are almost golden brown. Don’t overcook, you want the crunch!
Place everything on a platter family style and serve